1.My favorite color is orange.Not to wear, but to experience.When I wear orange I look like a bad acid trip..orange on orange.Overkill.
2.I’m a big believer in supporting micro local enterprises..like the two local breweries here..gawd,I need to think about what I just wrote..
3.My favorite flowers are poppies, they bloom so briefly, but like the sunflower there is something achingly awkward in their big blousy heads and unabandoned splashiness..
4. My favorite mode of travel is the ferry. When I lived west coast canada, island hopping thrilled me with its ease and the water is magical, no matter the moods of the weather..
5. I don’t watch tv ever.Never did.I find it an assaultive medium.This does put me at a certain cultural disadvantage but o well..
6. I prefer those big thick bowl like coffee mugs.I don’t do the dainty ones.Red bull is good in these big mugs..
7. I am an uber-caffeine addict. see#6.
8.My first husband was 17 years my senior. And no, it wasn’t a daddy fantasy..at 63 he remains a permanent peter pan.
9.The author who influenced my writing the most was Michael Ondaatje.I cried over the beauty of the prose in “The Skin of the Lion.” I aspire to his quality of prose poetics.
10.The genre I like the least is self help. I refuse to make these people with their pop -isms and simplistic soapboxing one penny richer.
11.I have successfully murdered every houseplant I have ever owned.I feel badly about this..
12.My children however are, miraculously, flourishing..
13.One of my many cats committed what I consider suicide by throwing herself under the wheels of an almost stalled dumptruck..I took it personally.
14.I am invariably hauled over by security when I fly. I think I mentioned this somewhere..if you have a theory as to why, I really would love to know..
15. I have never cheated in a relationship since my very first serious one with a fellow college student at 19.However when I am solo, I can be rediculously impulsive.
16. I spent one summer reading the Desert Fathers of the 4th century. I ate, dreamt and breathed the stuff..if you know of these uber mystical masochists, it explains alot..
17.I break or lose my reading glasses every month.I feel absolutely vulnerable without them. The pharmacy where I regularly purchase them smirk when they see me coming.ca ching. sigh.
18.I don’t have a sweet tooth. I prefer tart, sour, hot.
19. I love, love love, dancing.All my exes tell me I try aggressively to lead when waltzing.I am working on this.
20.I really hope they find a way to prevent Altzeimers.
It really breaks my heart.
21. I hope when the time is right to own my own bassethound one day.
22. I believe laughter is the deepest bond between any two people whether friends, lovers, or strangers.
23.I am grammatically challenged..yeah, I know you know..
24.My favorite cuisine is thai.
25. No there were no sex bits in here, I am not in the mood..sometimes, I’m not..
your turn..go for it..cat.